The CommissionTrac team is always hard at work releasing new features and updates to the platform. To stay up to date check this page for the latest improvements and software updates.
October – 2018
- Quickbooks Desktop – Send Agent Payments via Bills or Checks. This workflow extracts the Agent Payment from CommissionTrac and sends it to QuickBooks Desktop by creating checks or bills (per your choice). The workflow runs on demand when Agent Payment is posted.
- Quickbooks Desktop – Send Invoices directly to QBD. The workflow sends invoices from Commissiontrac to QuickBooks Desktop. The workflow runs on demand when invoices are generated in CommissionTrac.
- Quickbooks Online – Send Agent Payments via Bills to Quickbooks Online. This workflow extracts the Agent Payment from CommissionTrac and sends it to QuickBooks Online via Bills. The workflow runs on demand when Agent Payment is posted in CommissionTrac.
Voucher: We have added a green border to all required fields on a voucher. This will help new users identify which fields need input.
All Modules: We have added new search filters to every module. You now have more control when searching through your data.
Payment History: We have added an option to display all Agent Payments or filter by specific agents.
Reports: Download to Excel Report now displays lease & sale Volume Amounts.
Agent Portal: We changed Edit to View Comp once a voucher has been approved or submitted as active. The restricts agents from editing vouchers once they have been approved.
- Fixed a validation message when posting Agent Payments. We no longer display “Email Sent Successfully”.
- We updated our drop-downs to remove flickering and inconsistencies when scrolling.
- Fixed “&” Symbols on report headers.
- Current & Aged Receivables Report has been updated to handle Deposit Overrides correctly.
- Fixed issue where users were able to reverse charges multiple times.
- Updated Quickbooks Online Integrations to allows users to select the appropriate Chart of Accounts.
September – 2018
Voucher: There is a new option to add a County on the Property Info tab of a voucher.
Voucher: We have added a new field to capture MLS # on the Property Info tab of a voucher.
Voucher Approval: By default Inside Agent approvals is turned off. Once an agent submits a voucher the Level 2+ will be notified to approve.
Invoice Email CC: We added an option under “Customize Invoice” to CC all invoice emails to a specific email address.
Current & Aged Receivables: We have added a filter to remove outside amounts from the report.
Dashboard – Current & Aged Receivables: We added an option to exclude Outside Agent Amounts from the graph.
Payment History: We have added the ability to filter and sort by Agent.
Voucher – Agents Tab: Users now have the option to search agents by their DBA name.
Voucher – Commission Tab: We updated the Invoicing Schedule to displaying the following dynamic payment types (One Payment, Two Payment, Monthly, Manual)
Invoice PDF: The invoice no longer has an extra space before commas.
Verifications Email: Now expires After 7 Days (was previously 24 hours).
Forgot Password Email: Now expires after 7 Days (was previously 24 hours).
Voucher Comp: We have removed the Split Plan name from the Voucher PDF Comp
Split Plans: We now allow users to input 0% split percentages at the first tier of the split plan. This provides more flexibility when creating new plans.
Deposit: The check number field has been updated to allow more characters.
Invoice- Grid: Added a new function to filter by Bill To Name.
Future Revenue Receivables: New filter added to display only Brokerage House commissions without outside agent amounts.
Misc Payables: We have added an option to post Payment Reversals to the Brokerage House.
Voucher – Commission Tab: We have removed the Rent Roll Requirement for manual payments. Rent Roll is no longer required if you are using the manual invoicing schedule type.
Invoice Status: We have added colors to better identify the status of an invoice.
Agent Portal Updates:
Voucher: We removed the Receivables Ledger button on the voucher for the Agent Portal.
Revenue Per Month Report: We updated the logic to display only Agent Gross and Net for vouchers the agent running the report is associated with.
Lease Expiration Report: We removed the Agent Selector and updated the logic to only display vouchers for the agent running the report.
Top & Current Aged Receivable Report & Dashboard: Updated logic for this report to only display the Gross amount an agent should be receiving on aged charges.
Current & Aged Receivables Report & Dashboard: Updated logic for this report to only display the Gross amount an agent should be receiving on aged charges.
We removed the following reports from the Agent Portal:
- Payables Ledger Report
- Receivables Ledger Report
- Cash Receipt Report
- We updated incorrect spelling on the Voucher Comp
- Fixed an issue where Receivables Snapshot might display negative amounts in the amount owed column
- Terminated Vouchers no longer show up on the Future Revenue Report
- Fixed an issue where Agent Payment email notifications were not sending to agents
- On the invoice grid, the batch button is now working as expected
August – 2018
- NEW FEATURE – Invoice: We have added filters to search by Voucher Name, Invoice Date, and Invoice Number
- NEW FEATURE – Payment History: Added a drop down to filter by Agent
- IMPROVEMENT – Invoice Status: We have updated the invoices statuses to better reflect how the Invoice was sent
- Sent: Sent via email
- Unbilled: No action taken
- Downloaded: Downloaded Invoice PDF
- IMPROVEMENT – Future Revenue Report: Now displays unpaid commission as future revenue
- IMPROVEMENT – Dashboard: Updated dashboard graphs to be consistent with the corresponding report name
- BUG FIX – Fixed a small issue on the deposit recap report not displaying the deposit date and number
- BUG FIX – Void Agent Check is now working as expected
- BUG FIX – We have fixed an issue where Cash Out Two Payment was off by 1 cent when splitting an odd commission amount
July – 2018
- NEW FEATURE – Voucher -> Ledger Button: Upon popular request, we have added a quick link button on the Receivables Ledger that enables you to easily switch to a voucher. We have also added this functionality at the Voucher level to quickly switch back to the receivables ledger.
- NEW FEATURE – Invoice No. Filter: Added a filter to search by invoice number on the invoicing grid.
- IMPROVEMENT – Deposit Notification Emails: Deposit notification to agents will now display the agent name in the body of the email.
- IMPROVEMENT – Voucher Comment Section: Updated the maximum limit from 500 to 1000 characters.
- IMPROVEMENT – Commission Calculator: Changed the button name to “Pull Charges”.
- IMPROVEMENT – Reports Filters: Added an option to filter by Inside / Outside agents on Agent Earnings and Gross Agent Production reports.
June – 2018
- NEW FEATURE – Deposit Override: CommissionTrac is excited to introduce a new feature allowing better control over the distribution of commissions when payments are received.
- NEW FEATURE – Download Reports to Excel: Many clients have requested an option to download reports to Excel. We are happy to announce this functionality has been added to all reports.
- NEW FEATURE – Reports Page Layout: We updated the layout on the reports page making it easier to find the reports you need.
- NEW FEATURE – Voucher Approval – Bookkeeper Override: Users with the Bookkeeper permission now have an option to manually approve vouchers in the approvals process.
- IMPROVEMENT – More Attachment file types: We updated the attachments tab within a voucher to accept more file types. We now support (PDF, doc, docx, xls, xlsx, rtf, csv, txt).
- IMPROVEMENT – Future Revenue – New filters have been added to the Future Revenue report allowing users to Group by Month and Agent.
- IMPROVEMENT – Invoice – We updated the invoice to display the property address from a voucher instead of the Tenant affiliate address.
- IMPROVEMENT – Invoices – We added a small update to the Invoicing grid allowing users to Filter and Sort by Invoice Number.
- IMPROVEMENT – Voucher – We updated the Voucher grid allowing users to Filter and Sort by Bill To.
May – 2018
- NEW FEATURE – Reports: We added Excel download functionality to all reports.
- NEW FEATURE – Receivables Snapshot Report: This report can list everything outstanding and collected per the date range filter.
- Fix – COMMISSION CALCULATION: Rent Amount and Commission Percentage are now displayed on the Commission Calculator.
- IMPROVEMENT – MISC DESCRIPTIONS: We now allow for special characters in the description field.
- IMPROVEMENT – AGENT REVENUE YTD REPORT: We added a filter for inside and outside agents.
- IMPROVEMENT – QUICK ADD: Reorganized fields while using the quick add feature for Affiliates and Outside Agents.
April – 2018
- IMPROVEMENT – Voucher – Agent Tab: We changed “Commission Amount” to “Gross Commission Amount” for Outside Agents.
- IMPROVEMENT – Voucher – Commission Tab: For Sale Type Vouchers, 1 month will pre-populate now in rent roll.
- IMPROVEMENT – Deposit – Date Filter: We added a date filter in the deposit list to sort by a specific date range.
- IMPROVEMENT – Invoice: We added Rent Total/Sales Total to the invoice.
- IMPROVEMENT – Affiliates: We added functionality to clear a selected affiliate row.
- IMPROVEMENT – Voucher – Agent Tab: We added an indicator for the inside agent rows to identify the primary agent.
March – 2018
- NEW FEATURE – Voucher Approval: Voucher Approval allows you to verify and approve vouchers that your agents create in CommissionTrac. Only the transactions that are approved reflect in your accounts and reports. For more information on how to enable this feature please visit our Help Center – Voucher Approvals article.
- IMPROVEMENT – New Design Layout: We reorganized the modules on the left sidebar to better align with the flow of commissions through the system. All core modules are now listed directly on the sidebar instead of being nested away.
- IMPROVEMENT – New Report Filters: On the management portal, we have added new filters to some of our popular reports to give you more control.
- NEW FEATURE – Fee Voucher (Other): Many of you have asked for a less restricted voucher for consulting & disposition commissions. We have added a new Sub-Type “Other” to Fee vouchers with limited restrictions. The Fee Sub-Type Other voucher does not require a property address, square footage, or tenant affiliate. And the CommissionTab only requires a date and fee amount.
February – 2018
- NEW FEATURE – Customize Invoice: We are excited to announce the long awaited custom invoice feature. You now have the ability to add logos, change label colors and add comments globally to all invoices. Additionally, at invoice generation, we have added options to display the full rent (expanded invoice) and add comments to all invoices in that batch.
- NEW FEATURE – Address Auto Fill: We have added Google address search to the Building Name field on a voucher making it easier to fill out new building addresses.
- NEW INTEGRATION – Quickbooks Online Integration: Upon popular request, the QuickBooks integration has been completed and is available to all customers. The workflow extracts the agent commission details from Agent Payments and adds them to QuickBooks Online by creating bills.
- All amounts paid to the same agent are combined into the single QuickBooks transaction with multiple detail items.
- The workflow will search vendors in QuickBooks Online, using QuickBooks “Display As” field, and attempt to match agent names from CommissionTrac.
- IMPROVEMENT – Save Building Address Table: Building addresses are now saved and can be searched when creating new vouchers. In the next few weeks, we will further enhance this feature by adding Google address search directly into the Building Name field making it easier to fill out new property/building addresses.
- IMPROVEMENT – Expanded Invoice: Now when generating an invoice you have the option to show the entire rent roll structure on the deal.
January – 2018
- NEW FEATURE – Voucher Commission Tab – We split Rent Roll & the Invoicing Schedule into separate grids.
- NEW FEATURE – Voucher – Rent Escalation Based on percentage.
- NEW FEATURE – Voucher Commission Tab – Calculate Effective & End Dates based on the number of months defined.
- IMPROVEMENT – Updated login page design.
December – 2017
- NEW FEATURE – Quick add Outside Agents directly inside a voucher.
- NEW FEATURE – Quick add Affiliates directly inside a voucher.
- IMPROVEMENT – Updated the design of the Expense facility to match the rest of our platform
November – 2017
- NEW FEATURE – Agent Dashboard – The agent dashboard received a big update this month. We added a useful new dashboard display all the relevant information right when an agent logs in. We also added 4 new reports for the agent portal to help stay on track of your deals.
- NEW FEATURE – Profile Page – New and improvement profile page, easily change all account information in one place.
- NEW FEATURE – Affiliate Upload – Easily upload all your existing affiliate contact information with a CSV file.
- IMPROVEMENT – Reports – Updated the design of our report pages to allow for more viewing real estate.
- IMPROVEMENT – New reports in the Agent Portal.
October – 2017
- NEW FEATURE – Agent Portal – CommissionTrac is now equipped with an Agent Portal that allows producing agents to log in and view only deals and data they are associated with. Coming soon we will allow agents to enter deals through an approved process involving the manager and bookkeepers.
- NEW FEATURE – Notification Managment – Added new email management tools to manage who receives notifications for a new deposit, invoice, statement, agent payment.
- NEW FEATURE – Voucher PDF Download – New feature that enables users to download vouchers directly to a PDF.
- NEW FEATURE – Voucher Renewal – We added the ability to duplicate a lease for renewal purposes. This will copy over all the building/affiliates/agent information to a new voucher.
- NEW FEATURE – Voucher Auto Save – Improved our Voucher by adding an autosave feature that will continuously save progress as edits are made. This is particularly useful if you lose internet and the connection drops when returning to CommissionTrac all your edits will still be available.
- NEW REPORTS – We added 7 new reports this month. Agent Contribution YTD, Future Commissions, Commissions by Month, Commission by Category, Gross Agent Product Summary, Top Receivables.
September – 2017
- NEW FEATURE – Expense Module – Added a new Expense facility to manage Agent Expense’s that can be used to pay back out of agent commission earnings. Great way to manage recurring and fixed agent expenses
- NEW FEATURE – Expense Report – Added the new report Agent Expense to our growing list of back off reports. This report will list out posted agent expense’s in either a summarized or detailed view.
- NEW FEATURE – Comment Editors – We implemented a full rich text editor to all our comment editors across the platform.
- NEW FEATURE – Email Notifications – Added the ability to send automated emails to agents when new invoices have been generated and sent to the bill to.
- NEW REPORT – Added a new report, Agent Report by Split Plan, this report will list all Agent’s Gross, Agent Net and House Net amounts along the related Split Plan name and description.
- IMPROVEMENT – We added additional filters to existing reports to provide supplementary reporting metrics.
- IMPROVEMENT – General UI improvements to increase efficiency and improve the overall look and feel of the application.
- IMPROVEMENT – Added the ability to resend verification/activation email to new agents from the User Management module.