Sr. Full Stack Java Developer
Why You’ll Love CommissionTrac:
Put Customers First. Team Over Self. Focus on Results. Action over Perfection. Glass Half Full. Change the Commercial Real Estate Industry.
These are the values that define who we are, and which have empowered us to grow quickly and even become a Techstars Atlanta ’18 portfolio company. It’s excited to awarded as the Real Estate Tech Awards 2nd Best Overall Real Estate Tech Company.
At CommissionTrac, our mission is to make running a commercial real estate brokerage back office simple and transparent. Our team is committed to creating heroes in the back offices of brokerages all over the country, giving brokerage owners the transparency to grow and thrive and brokerage agents the tools they need to stay on top of their own commission pipeline. Today our back office solution allows over 30 brokerages and 350+ agents at companies including CBRE, Colliers, NAI, Lee & Associates, etc. to operate more efficiently and escape excel based manual workflows.
We’re on a mission to redefine the commercial real estate industry! This is challenging work – but our team of brilliant creatives makes the journey thrilling! We’re fast-paced, innovative, and collaborative. We pursue excellence in everything and have a lot of fun along the way.
As a testament to the culture we’ve collectively built, our world-class team received this testimonial from one of our customers, Tom McDermott of NAI Commercial Partners: “Turner and his team have been an exceptional resource to better organize our commission tracking and billing systems for a small commercial brokerage. Historically we operated from multiple spreadsheets and cobbled together our invoicing to address monthly, quarterly, and annual lease commissions. Turner, Jordan, Daniel, and Amber truly work as a team to bring you on board to their platform to help streamline what has been a laborious task in the past. They were very patient and detailed with the process before going live and implementing their systems. Housing all of the revenue in one place will provide me with the tools and reports to be a better broker-owner.”
And here’s a great quote from Steve Weikal of MIT Center for Real Estate’s Innovation Lab: “Researchers at the MIT Center for Real Estate’s Real Estate Innovation Lab have investigated over 2600 commercial real estate tech startups globally that are upending traditional ways of transacting, operating, and developing commercial real estate. CommissionTrac is a compelling platform that helps real estate firms decrease transactional friction, increase velocity, and make more informed business decisions.”
We’re looking for engineers located in Atlanta. We allow for flexible hours and telecommuting options, but you need to be in the Atlanta office on a regular basis.
We are looking for a motivated individual contributor who takes pride of ownership in the team’s successful delivery. The candidate should have a passion for clean and maintainable code. They should also be a collaborative innovator who strives constantly to improve your team’s processes and tools.
You desire to be a professional Software Engineer and have a goal to find a position on a technology team focused on continuing the growth of our next-generation SaaS application. You bring to the table a base understanding of many modern open-source web technologies, and are dedicated to learning more.
The Sr. Software Developer will work as part of an agile development team to build and support CommissionTrac’s customer facing web based SaaS application. You will work on a scrum team, collaborating with our Product Owner and other talented team members to deliver great solutions on an exponentially growing application.
Our current technology stack includes front-end web interface, REST based web services, server side business logic and database backends.
This position will contribute to an ongoing product development and maintenance efforts including ways to Identify and improve design and development processes.
The current technical environment includes Java, Spring, Hibernate, AngularJS, AWS, MySQL.
Specifically, you’ll do the following:
- Participate in an agile team to deliver the full lifecycle, including requirements, architecture, design, development, testing and deployment.
- Work on implementing stories, bug fixes, unit tests, and general R&D with minimal oversight.
- Design, develop, and maintain code that meets requirements, is high quality, and performs efficiently and effectively to provide a great customer experience.
- Incorporate standards and best practices, including performance, security, scalability, and maintainability.
- Update and maintain system design documents.
- Review and provide feedback on functional and technical requirements.
- Define and propose solutions for meeting requirements.
- Contributing to improvements in the software development lifecycle (SDLC) utilizing practices such as test-driven development (TDD), static code analysis, code reviews, continuous integration, continuous delivery, and automated security scanning.
- Investing in learning and the software development efficiency of the entire office through teamwork, personal responsibility, individual and group training, and process improvement.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree plus at least seven years (7+) of full stack experience in software development, automated testing, and debugging/ support experience in a web-based environment (preferably AngularJS). (Preferably with at least 3 years in a senior role).
- Expert level Java developer experience (Spring Framework).
- Experience with micro services and RESTful API design and implementation.
- Experience with deploying to servlet containers (preferably Tomcat).
- SQL and data modeling experience, including experience working with ORM tools/frameworks such as Hibernate (including a working knowledge of JPA).
- Knowledge of MySQL
- Experience with relational database systems and design OO.
- Application Architecture experience or knowledge with a deep understanding of common design patterns.
- Extensive experience developing applications in an agile environment.
- Outstanding communication, organization, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills coupled with strong listening skills.
- Experience with Git or other distributed source control system
- Working knowledge and experience in cloud-based environments (preferably AWS).
- Ability to contribute on an individual basis as well as demonstrate your strengths as a team player as a member of an agile team.
- Experience communicating and collaborating with other software developers, business owners, and management.
Preferred Experience a.k.a. What We Would Like to See
- Experience or comfort working in a distributed, startup environment.
- Knowledge of Domain Driven Design concepts and microservices.
- Experience with test-driven and behavior-driven technologies and techniques, specifically using Cucumber, JBehave, Jest, JSlint.
- Experience in UNIX or Linux (is a plus).
- Experience with Agile toolsets, such as JIRA.
Incredible Benefits, Incredible Company!
- Employer stipend for Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance for employee only coverage
- Unlimited vacation
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Casual dress all-day, everyday
- Regular team outings, parties, and surprises
- Weekly free lunch, unlimited snacks and drinks
- Work from home day
- Culture that emphasizes personal and professional growth